A variety of tasks must be performed during live television productions; whether based in the studio or in the confines of a mobile television production truck. Recording and playback of multiple high-quality video signals is an essential requirement, along with fast media file ingest and export.
The Mira PRODUCTION server is tailored for all of these live television production tasks, with optional features available for specific operational environments. With flexibility as a primary feature, the Mira PRODUCTION server is sure to fit your needs.
Mira has LIVE PRODUCTION Jet-Streamlined
Animated Switcher Transitions Need to play out switcher-triggered animated transitions containing video, key and audio—along with a couple of animated backgrounds during a live television production? The Mira PRODUCTION server can handle that; no sweat. And fast media file import makes it a breeze.
On-Set Plasma Screen Feeds Is your production set decorated with multiple plasma or LCD screens, displaying animated “eye candy” graphics and on-camera talking heads? The “Flipper” option makes life so much simpler; each video output can be rotated by 90° or 270°, cropped and sized to properly orient this content to fit in vertically mounted on-set screens.
Synchronized Multi-Screen Playback Record and playback a multi-stream “ISO” clip, which is a single clip file that contains up to eight video streams. Since only one ISO clip is needed, clip load and play control is from one RS422 port; providing 100% guaranteed synchronized playback of all video streams. No more headaches of loading and sync-rolling multiple video channels!
SD, HD & 3D VTR Replacement Why cripple your production operations with sluggish VTRs when you can jet-streamline your workflow with Mira PRODUCTION servers? Each video channel can be used both for record and playback, always matching the video channel function to the need at hand.
Stereoscopic 3D Is found as a standard feature in every Mira PRODUCTION server. With just a click of a mouse, you’ll be operating Mira in 3D.
Media File Import & Export The Mira PRODUCTION server easily plugs into a file-based workflow, importing and exporting some varieties of self-contained media files at speeds much faster than real-time. Now that’s fast and efficient!
List Play Arrange clips into a playlist to play clips in the order defined. Playlists are easily created with simple and intuitive drag-and-drop operation; and even while a playlist is being aired, users can re-arrange, delete or add new clips to the stack yet to be aired in the active playlist!
For external MIRA control see the DNF DMAT-AB Controller
STANDARD Technical Features
- Choice of (4) or (8) independent SD-SDI / HD-SDI Digital Video I/O Channels with instant change between Record or Play
- Choice JPEG-2000 (J2K) or DVCPROTM Compression:
- J2K: HD = 10-Bit Digital Video ~ 25Mb/s to 200Mb/s
- J2K: SD = 10-Bit Digital Video ~ 15Mb/s to 140Mb/s
- DVCPRO: HD = 10-Bit Digital Video 100Mb/s
- DVCPRO: SD = 10-Bit Digital Video 50Mb/s
- Stereoscopic 3D (3DTV) with just a click of a mouse
- 8-Tracks Uncompressed 48kHz / 24-Bit Embedded Digital Audio per Video Channel
- 16-Tracks Uncompressed 48kHz / 24-Bit Embedded Digital Audio per Video Channel with 3Gb/s 3DTV
- 8-Channel Storage Capacity: Choice of (42-Hours) or (84-Hours) at 100Mb/s; longer storage times possible at lower bit rates
- 4-Channel Storage Capacity: Choice of (33-Hours), (52-Hours) or (105-Hours) at 100Mb/s; longer storage times possible at lower bit rates
- Graphics Importer & Exporter Utilities
- (8) or (4) RS422 Serial Ports with Louth VDCP, Odetics and Sony protocols
- RAID-6 / SATA-2 Media Disk Array with hot-swap disks (Optional Fibre-channel connected SAN available)
- Dual-Redundant hot-swap power supplies
- Solid-State SSD System Disk
- Compact 3RU Chassis